😎 Summer Sale Exclusive - Up to 50% off AI-powered stock picks by InvestingProCLAIM SALE

Walgreens Outlook Brightens With Leadership Change and Jpmorgan Upgrade

Published 10/24/2023, 05:30 AM
© Reuters.
WBA
-
JAGIJ
-

In a significant development, Walgreens (NASDAQ:WBA) stock was upgraded to "Overweight" by JPMorgan, following the appointment of former Express Scripts CEO, Tim Wentworth as the new leader. This comes after Rosalind Brewer's tenure, which saw the company's diversification into primary care providers and a subsequent 40% drop in stock value this year. The analysts at JPMorgan perceive potential for a turnaround under Wentworth's leadership, setting a $30 price target that suggests an approximate recovery of 40%.

According to InvestingPro, Walgreens has a market capitalization of $18.97 billion and a revenue of $139.08 billion. The company has a prominent role in the Consumer Staples Distribution & Retail industry and has maintained its dividend payments for 53 consecutive years, which aligns with the InvestingPro data indicating a dividend yield of 9.03%. It's worth noting that the company's revenue growth has been accelerating, with a 4.81% growth in the last twelve months and a quarterly growth of 9.16% in the last quarter of 2023.

On the other hand, FMC Corp . (NYSE:FMC), a manufacturer of pesticides and agricultural products, witnessed a 13% slump in share value after it trimmed its guidance due to an inventory surplus in Brazil and a drought in Argentina. In response to these circumstances, FMC announced plans for a cost structure review. Wells Fargo decided to keep an "equal weight" rating on FMC but lowered its target to $56 from the previous $73.

Meanwhile, shares of EngageSmart (NYSE:ESMT) experienced an uptick after Vista Equity Partners, spearheaded by Robert Smith, unveiled plans for a $4 billion privatization deal. As part of the agreement, each EngageSmart shareholder would receive $23 per share. The transaction is expected to be finalized in Q1 2024. EngageSmart has been granted a 30-day go-shop period to explore other potential offers. Following the acquisition, Vista will hold approximately 65% of EngageSmart, while General Atlantic will retain the remaining 35%. Raymond James opined that the valuation is fair.

For more insightful tips and real-time metrics like these, check out InvestingPro. It offers a plethora of additional tips and up-to-date data that can help investors make informed decisions.

This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.

Latest comments

Risk Disclosure: Trading in financial instruments and/or cryptocurrencies involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Trading on margin increases the financial risks.
Before deciding to trade in financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. The data and prices on the website are not necessarily provided by any market or exchange, but may be provided by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual price at any given market, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Fusion Media and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information contained within this website.
It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute the data contained in this website without the explicit prior written permission of Fusion Media and/or the data provider. All intellectual property rights are reserved by the providers and/or the exchange providing the data contained in this website.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.
© 2007-2024 - Fusion Media Limited. All Rights Reserved.